Line Service Technician
This job is open until filled and the salary is commensurate with experience & education. Please download our Job Application Form to fill out and email along with relevant material to email@example.com
GENERAL DEFINITION AND CONDITIONS OF WORK:
A line service technician performs routine checks of the Airport and is responsible for guiding, towing, parking, and greeting aircraft arriving and/or departing the Airport. Ensures fuel trucks are stocked and prepared to distribute fuel safely and efficiently while performing quality control checks. Conducts visual inspections for any damage to aircraft. Line service technicians also perform light maintenance and assists by providing customers service to include handling luggage, providing transportation between gates or terminals, giving patrons directions, interacting with lobby attendants, engaging with pilots, and greeting passengers who are entering or exiting terminals.
This is heavy work requiring the exertion of 100 pounds of force occasionally and up to 50 pounds of force frequently; work requires considerable physical activity including walking, lifting, reaching, stooping, standing, grasping, balancing, climbing, kneeling and crouching; worker is subject to inside and outside activities with no effective protection from weather changes, noise, vibrations, job hazards and atmospheric conditions; visual acuity is required to inspect for defects and operate automotive equipment; work requires hearing sufficient to accurately perceive information at normal spoken word levels.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/TYPICAL TASKS:
Under the direction and guidance of the Airport Operations Director, the Line Service Technician is responsible for a safe, compliant, and efficient Airport operation for aircraft fueling and ground handling, and services to customers.
– Train and certify on process & procedures as required by Federal, State and/or Local laws.
– Complete Airport training programs and updates as they become available.
– Maintain fuel farm, ramp, hangars, and tie down areas as related to serving customers and staff.
– Operate all aircraft fueling equipment per FAA requirements.
– Assist in the operations and maintenance of all bulk fuel storage systems.
– Monitor and complete service requests.
– Direct pilots using appropriate aviation hand signals.
– Provide a high level of customer service.
– Maintain daily record keeping as assigned.
– Work rotating weekly schedules, weekend, and holidays.
– Assist in the preventative maintenance (daily checks), cleanliness and proper storage of all aircraft and Airport ground support equipment.
– Maintain cleanliness and light-duty maintenance of all aircraft parking and tie-down areas.
– Keeps ramps clean with ample chocks and tie down equipment.
– Keeps fuel trucks clean and free of trash both inside and outside.
– Cover front desk as requested, or when Customer Service Representative is not present.
– Performs other duties as requested or assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Have general knowledge of aircraft and aircraft servicing techniques as well as aircraft fueling and ground handling techniques. Knowledge of petroleum bulk fuel storage equipment and systems, and airport operations preferred. Have general knowledge of aviation and ground base radio systems. Experience with large truck and heavy-duty equipment operation also preferred. Must be able to work unsupervised and independently. Must have the ability to operate all types of equipment associated with aircraft fueling operations and airport maintenance programs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school education or equivalent required. Aviation experience preferred.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS AND BENEFITS:
Must be at least 18 years old. Must have a valid North Caroling Driver’s License. Must be available to work rotating schedules including evenings, weekends, and occasional holidays.