Facility Maintenance Technician Assistant
Part-Time Resource Opening
This job is open until filled and the salary is commensurate with experience & education. Please download our Job Application Form to fill out and email along with relevant material to email@example.com
GENERAL DEFINITION AND CONDITIONS OF WORK:
The Facilities Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing routine building & grounds maintenance tasks. Performs a variety of routine semi-skilled maintenance for Airport facilities, including, but not limited to, grounds maintenance, carpentry, painting, plumbing, electrical work, and the planning and implementation of preventative maintenance measures. Performs general cleaning and other tasks as assigned.
This is heavy work requiring the exertion of 100 pounds of force occasionally and up to 50 pounds of force frequently; work requires considerable physical activity including walking, lifting, reaching, stooping, standing, grasping, balancing, climbing, kneeling and crouching; worker is subject to inside and outside activities with no effective protection from weather changes, noise, vibrations, job hazards and atmospheric conditions; worker is exposed to lubricants, solvents, batteries, cleaning fluids, and paint; visual acuity is required to inspect for defects and operate all essential equipment; work requires hearing sufficient to accurately perceive information at normal spoken word levels.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/TYPICAL TASKS:
Under the direction and guidance of the Airport Operations Director, the Facility Maintenance Technician performs a variety of routine semi-skilled maintenance for Airport facilities; ensures that facilities are available for use and consistently maintained in a safe and clean condition. Operates a variety of maintenance and cleaning tools and equipment; and performs related work as required.
- Complete Airport training programs and updates as required.
- Able and willing to learn and apply all quality, environmental, and housekeeping requirements.
- Work irregular weekly schedules.
- Inspect facilities and grounds for safety and security; identify and report hazardous conditions and facility maintenance needs to Supervisor.
- Conduct routine inspections and maintenance of equipment, structures, and premises.
- Identify and report more complex maintenance needs to Supervisor.
- Maintain exterior property, including mowing, weeding, blowing debris, and trash removal.
- Assist with pest control and fertilizing measures.
- Conduct routine inspections electrical and indoor/outdoor lighting. Replace indoor/outdoor light bulbs as needed.
- Repair/refurbish indoor areas as needed.
- Perform custodial tasks.
- Assemble, repair, maintain, and move furniture, such as desks, cabinets, tables, chairs, and shelves.
- Remove trash, clean restrooms, sweep/mop/vacuum, and dust all areas/offices.
- Clean and disinfect tables, counters, entryways, community workstations.
- Remove and properly dispose of all recyclable materials.
- Monitor supply inventory.
- Assist with Airport events, as needed.
- Perform other duties as requested or assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Have general knowledge of methods and techniques used in the operation, repair, and maintenance of facility, grounds, and equipment. Must have knowledge of occupational hazards and standard of safety practices and be able to adhere to safety guidelines and company policies. Must have the ability to perform heavy manual labor. Must be able to work unsupervised and independently. Must successfully pass drug screening, background check, and physical abilities test. Must be 18 years of age or older. Must possess a valid North Carolina Drivers License.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school education or equivalent required. One year of any combination of training, education, and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.